by Matthew Taylor, Grantham Journal, 28 August 2022

Grantham Freemasons’ Hall on Chambers Street is throwing open its doors to the public for only the second time in its 84-year history. There will also be an exhibition of the hall’s Museum of Freemasonry, which holds some amazing historical artefacts of Grantham and Granthams Freemasonry dating from the late 1700s / early 1800s. Three years later they moved to the Ship Tavern in 1794, which was at the junction of Harlaxton Road and Wharf Road, which was demolished in the late 1852 and the site became the large railway bridge it is today.